The process of photosynthesis is pivotal to the production of food and fibre as it provides the raw materials for all plant products.Crop yield is closely related to the net photosynthetic assimilation through the season. The evolutionary patchwork nature of the light reactions of photosynthesis in plants provides ample scope for their improvement, particularly with respect to its light-harvesting components and the susceptibility of photosystems to photodamage. Such improvements can be achieved by genetic engineering and, more indirectly, by conventional breeding, whereas synthetic biology should allow in the long-term the redesign or de novo creation of entire photosystems that are more efficient because they are less susceptible to photodamage and produce fewer harmful reactive oxygen species.
- Leaf Photosynthesis MultispeQ V1.0
Measures many photosynthesis-related parameters in <15 seconds, including:
- Chlorophll Fluorescence: Phi2, PhiNPQ, PhiNO, NPQt, qL, LEF
- Relative Chlorophyll: SPAD
- Proton Motive Force: ECSt, vH+, gH+
- Absorbance at: 450, 535, 605, 650, 730, 850, 880, and 940nm.
- Leaf Thickness (in mm), angle, and cardinal direct...
- Populations (Multiple Choice)
- Replicates (Multiple Choice)