The aim of the study is to test the efficacy of the MultiSpeQ on measuring the amount and quality of light absorbed by the new developed suagrcane varieties at the South African Sugarcane Research Institute.
Objectives of the project are: - To determine the quantity and quality of light absorbed by sugarcane varieties - To monitor changes in light quality on sugarcane varieties - To determine the effect of high plant density on light absorptions - To compare the chlorophyll content between sugarcane varieties
- Leaf Photosynthesis MultispeQ V1.0
Measures many photosynthesis-related parameters in <15 seconds, including:
- Chlorophll Fluorescence: Phi2, PhiNPQ, PhiNO, NPQt, qL, LEF
- Relative Chlorophyll: SPAD
- Proton Motive Force: ECSt, vH+, gH+
- Absorbance at: 450, 535, 605, 650, 730, 850, 880, and 940nm.
- Leaf Thickness (in mm), angle, and cardinal direct...
- What is the name of the crop? (Multiple Choice)
- What is the plant density? (Multiple Choice)
- What is the typical average day air temperature in the area (Mount Edgecombe, Durban, South Africa)? (Multiple Choice)
- What is the slope of the area? (Multiple Choice)
- What is the daylength of the area in June? (Multiple Choice)