This is a field observation study that is part of a project investigating the effects of climate on plant-insect interactions. Since 2016 I have been collecting data on variation in apparent leaf damage to 9 focal subalpine wildflower species across two elevational gradients in Mt. Rainier National Park, and this year I will be using the MultispeQ to test whether photosynthetic ability differs among plants that have experienced different levels of insect herbivory.
- Leaf Photosynthesis MultispeQ V1.0
Measures many photosynthesis-related parameters in <15 seconds, including:
- Chlorophll Fluorescence: Phi2, PhiNPQ, PhiNO, NPQt, qL, LEF
- Relative Chlorophyll: SPAD
- Proton Motive Force: ECSt, vH+, gH+
- Absorbance at: 450, 535, 605, 650, 730, 850, 880, and 940nm.
- Leaf Thickness (in mm), angle, and cardinal direct...
- What site are you at? (Multiple Choice)
- What species are you measuring? (Multiple Choice)
- What is the leaf area damaged? (Multiple Choice)
- Which plot are you at? (Multiple Choice)
- What is the leaf ID? (Short Answer)
- Where is the leaf? (Multiple Choice)