Measure attributes of different species of algae
- Algae Photosynthesis MultispeQ V1.0
Measures many photosynthesis-related parameters in <15 seconds, including:
- Chlorophll Fluorescence: Phi2, PhiNPQ, PhiNO, NPQt, qL, LEF
- Relative Chlorophyll: SPAD
- Proton Motive Force: ECSt, vH+, gH+
- Absorbance at: 450, 535, 605, 650, 730, 850, 880, and 940nm.
- Leaf Thickness (in mm), angle, and cardinal direction
- Leaf Temperature and differential from ambient temperature
- Environmental conditions: PAR and ambient temperature/pressure/humidity
It's not practical to fully describe what all of these measurements mean here. If you want to learn more, a good place to start is this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU5vOtE1wE8 . Check the PhotosynQ youtube channel for other videos explaining photosynthesis and related parameters.
This article is also helpful http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-3040.2007.01680.x/abstract. It's paywalled, but email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
If you want to see the exact calculations for each parameter, please see the associated macro called "Leaf Photosynthesis MultispeQ V1.0".
Finally, there are two publications about the MultispeQ Beta device covering many of the below parameters and comparisons to commercial instruments. While that is technically an older model device, the calculations and comparisons are still true for this protocol. You can find them at the Royal Society for Open Science, and <still waiting on this one!>.
_Works with the MultispeQ V1....
- Species of Algae (Short Answer)