We are testing the heat tolerance of 12 bean land races.
12 different heat tolerant bean land races were chosen to undergo heat tolerance testing. 2 specimens of each land race are all in a growing chamber and will be exposed to temperatures from 25 to 45 degrees Celsius. The bean plants will experience 25 degrees for the first measurement and every 2 days the temperature will be increased 5 degrees and measured again.
The leaves that will be measured will be the uppermost fully expanded trifoliate and a fully expanded non-shaded trifoliate from the middle of the plant, both of which the middle leaf of each trifoliate will be measured.
- Leaf Photosynthesis MultispeQ V1.0
Measures many photosynthesis-related parameters in <15 seconds, including:
- Chlorophll Fluorescence: Phi2, PhiNPQ, PhiNO, NPQt, qL, LEF
- Relative Chlorophyll: SPAD
- Proton Motive Force: ECSt, vH+, gH+
- Absorbance at: 450, 535, 605, 650, 730, 850, 880, and 940nm.
- Leaf Thickness (in mm), angle, and cardinal direction
- Leaf Temperature and differential from ambient temperature
- Environmental conditions: PAR and ambient temperature/pressure/humidity
Leaf Photosynthesis MultispeQ V1.0 is the classic and by far the most utilized PhotosynQ Protocol.
This protocol delivers a wide range of plant photosynthetic parameters, a full list can be found here
If you want to see the exact calculations for each parameter, please see the associated macro called "Leaf Photosynthesis MultispeQ V1.0".
There are two publications about the MultispeQ Beta device covering many of parameters and their comparisons to commercial instruments. While the beta was an older model device, the calculations and comparisons are still true for this protocol and V1.0 device. You can find them at the Royal Society for Open Science, and Plant, Cell & Environmental Journal.
The Leaf Photosynthesis protocol collects many different measurements from a leaf as quickly as possib...
- Plant number? (Multiple Choice)
- Location? (Multiple Choice)
- Temperature? (Multiple Choice)