We are testing the heat tolerance of 12 bean land races.
12 different heat tolerant bean land races were chosen to undergo heat tolerance testing. 2 specimens of each land race are all in a growing chamber and will be exposed to temperatures from 25 to 45 degrees Celsius. The bean plants will experience 25 degrees for the first measurement and every 2 days the temperature will be increased 5 degrees and measured again.
The leaves that will be measured will be the uppermost fully expanded trifoliate and a fully expanded non-shaded trifoliate from the middle of the plant, both of which the middle leaf of each trifoliate will be measured.
- Leaf Photosynthesis MultispeQ V1.0
Measures many photosynthesis-related parameters in <15 seconds, including:
- Chlorophll Fluorescence: Phi2, PhiNPQ, PhiNO, NPQt, qL, LEF
- Relative Chlorophyll: SPAD
- Proton Motive Force: ECSt, vH+, gH+
- Absorbance at: 450, 535, 605, 650, 730, 850, 880, and 940nm.
- Leaf Thickness (in mm), angle, and cardinal direct...
- Plant number? (Multiple Choice)
- Location? (Multiple Choice)
- Temperature? (Multiple Choice)