Screening of six Bambara groundnut varieties for drought tolerance
Drought is a major constraint to crop production in the North-sudanian and Sahelian zone in Burkina Faso. To improve the production of Bambara groundnut in the dry areas it is very important to identify high-performance varieties capable to be tolerant to the water deficit.
This project aims to screen six Bambara groundnut varieties for drought tolerance
(i) Determine the effect of drought on the flowering date
(ii) Determine the effect of drought on the biomass
(iii) Identify the varieties with high yield potential facing drought
A total of three experiments will be arranged in a completely randomized design with five replications. The experiments will have three water levels; T1: non-water-stressed; T2: water-slightly-stressed and T3: water-stressed.
T1 will be watered every day T2 will be watered each two day T3 will be watered each three day Irrigation will be done in the three experiments during seven days after planting to allow the emergency of young shoot. Then, in the non-stressed experiment (T1), irrigation will be done every day, for experiments T2 and T3 plants will be watered each two and three day respectively up to near physiological maturity. Data will be subjected to analysis to detect the statistical differences between the three water treatments as well as between the six varieties.
- Leaf Photosynthesis MultispeQ V1.0
Measures many photosynthesis-related parameters in <15 seconds, including:
- Chlorophll Fluorescence: Phi2, PhiNPQ, PhiNO, NPQt, qL, LEF
- Relative Chlorophyll: SPAD
- Proton Motive Force: ECSt, vH+, gH+
- Absorbance at: 450, 535, 605, 650, 730, 850, 880, and 940nm.
- Leaf Thickness (in mm), angle, and cardinal direct...
- What is the test number? (Multiple Choice)
- What is the block number in the test? (Multiple Choice)
- Were measurements taken on which plant in the block? (Multiple Choice)
- What is the variety name? (Multiple Choice)
- What is the height of the plant? (Short Answer)
- Which is the width of the plant? (Short Answer)
- What is the length of the final foliolule? (Short Answer)
- What is the width of the final foliolule? (Short Answer)
- What is the date of flowering? (Short Answer)
- What is the weight of the pods? (Short Answer)
- What is the width of the pod? (Short Answer)
- What is the length of the pod? (Short Answer)
- What is the weight of seeds? (Short Answer)
- What is the width of seed? (Short Answer)
- What is the length of seed? (Short Answer)