Vegetables are important source of minerals and vitamins. However, vegetables are sensitive to abiotic stresses including salt stress. Salt stress cause imbalance in electron transport that result in oxidative stress. Relative salt tolerant plants have greater antioxidant potential or capacity to regulate photosynthetic electron transport with subsequent higher CO2 assimilation, growth and yield. Chlorophyll fluorescence technique is rapid, reliable and non-destructive technique for such assessment. However, such changes appeared after 3-15 days of salt stress and it depends upon type of species and intensity of stress. In the present study, changes in chlorophyll fluorescence in summer vegetables will be assessed
- Leaf Photosynthesis MultispeQ V1.0
Measures many photosynthesis-related parameters in <15 seconds, including:
- Chlorophll Fluorescence: Phi2, PhiNPQ, PhiNO, NPQt, qL, LEF
- Relative Chlorophyll: SPAD
- Proton Motive Force: ECSt, vH+, gH+
- Absorbance at: 450, 535, 605, 650, 730, 850, 880, and 940nm.
- Leaf Thickness (in mm), angle, and cardinal direct...
- Name of varieties (Multiple Choice)
- Salt treatment (Multiple Choice)
- Replicates (Multiple Choice)