Using bean varieties grown in a greenhouse, we are examining what time of day is the best for sampling and which leaves are best to sample, under a variety of conditions and treatments. This time we'll be measuring the same 3 plants of El Dorado type over the course of a day, measuring during the dark of the morning, during the light of the morning, during the height of the day, and during dusk.
- Proton Motive Force via DIRK
Estimates the proton motive force through the ATP synthase, thereby estimating ATP production. The proton motive force is measured by measuring the electrochromic shift (ECS), the shift in the absorbance of chlorophyll at ~520nm in the thylakoid membrane due to a shift in the electric field. The electric field is created by the accumulation of...
- Chlorophyll Fluorescence Phi2
Using an orange measuring light (pin 15) and red saturating and actinic light (pin 20), this performs the standard PAM fluorescence measurement but includes a background constant actinic light which is equivalent to the ambient PAR value.
- Chlorophyll content (SPAD) I
REQUIREMENTS: Firmware v0.38 or lower (used for older devices which do not have a SPAD calibration, generally device ID 87 and lower).Measures transmission at 940nm and 650nm in order to determine the 'greenness' of a leaf, an indicator of chlorophyll content and nitrogen content. The 940 is used to account for leaf thickness.
- Treatment? (1-3 is droughted) (Multiple Choice)
- Plant ID? (Multiple Choice)
- Plant Number (left most plant is 1) (Multiple Choice)
- Leaf number (1=bottom leaf) (Multiple Choice)
- Leaf Number (1 is bottom leaf) (Multiple Choice)
- Time of day (Multiple Choice)
- treatment? (1-3 droughted, 4-6 well-watered) (Multiple Choice)
- Time of day? (Multiple Choice)