Creating a PhotosynQ Account
Creating a PhotosynQ Account is super fast and easy, follow this short list to get started!
- Find the PhotosynQ app in the Google Playstore.
- Install the app.
- Create a username and password for your account.
- This login will be used across the PhotosynQ platform.
- Check your email for a confirmation.
- If you do not see it, check your spam folder.
- Hit confirm and your account has been created!
- Now go back to the app and sign in.
Looking at PhotosynQ Projects
Projects are the lifeblood of PhotosynQ, so it is important to understand what you are looking at!
- Inside the app, you can find projects you have both created and joined.
- Everyone is automatically joined to the tutorial project, Getting Started with MultispeQ.
- Check out the overview and directions for the project.
- These are sometimes the only source of communication between the project creator and you.
- Reading the directions is vital to taking the correct measurements.
- Any additional questions about the projects can be asked on the project discussion online.
Connecting to your MultispeQ
Connecting to your instrument is super quick and easy, follow these few steps are you will be good to go!
- Connect to the instrument at the beginning of every day.
- Hold the "On" button for five seconds to turn it on.
- Click "Take Measurement" at the bottom of the project screen
- Click "Scan Devices" to find your MultispeQ to connect.
- You might have to scan two or three times especially if there are other instruments in the area
- If you are having trouble seeing your instrument the batteries could be dead
- If so, plug the device into a charger via USB and wait a bit.
- If problems persist, post on the technical support forums and a PhotosynQ team member will help you out.
PhotosynQ Desktop App
Yes, PhotosynQ also has a Desktop App for you!
- Download and install the Google Chrome Browser if you don't already have it.
- Inside the Google Chrome Webstore look up and download PhotosynQ.
- Open the app using your login information.
- This app is a very powerful developer tool that will allow you to...
- Create New Measurements
- Develop Measurement Parameters
- Collect data locally in your lab notebook
- To connect to your instrument inside the Chrome app you will have to follow just a few steps.
- If you are a Mac/Linux user, just click on devices, and than connect and you are good to go!
- If you are a Windows user, you will be prompted to download a plugin called TeensyDuino that will help you computer recognize the device.
- Once connected you can take measurements just like you would in the field.